GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION RENEWALS WITHIN THE SASW ONLINE SYSTEM
For Renewals in Fall 2020
Step 1 - Member Login
Click on Member Login to enter your username and password. Once you have entered your username and password, you will be taken to your Member Home Page where you can see the information that SASW has in its online system, and find links that will take you to pages where you can update or enter new information.
- If you do not remember/have your password, you will need to retrieve this information by entering either your username or the email that you have within the SASW online system. The online system will automatically send your password directly to this email.
- If you have changed your email, you will need to notify the SASW Office via email (email@example.com) of a change to your email. The office will then make the change within the online system so you can retrieve your password. To avoid late charges and the delay of your registration, please ensure that you do this well before the December 1st deadline.
- For confidentiality/security reasons, the SASW office cannot provide passwords over the telephone or through email requests.
Step 2: Reporting of Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
- To enter your CPE activities, you will need to be on your Member Home Page. Click on Enter CONTINUING EDUCATION ACTIVITY RECORD. Select the appropriate category for each activity and enter the information as required. Please refer to Q17 and Q18 of the Renewal Qs and As.
- You must enter activities in at least two categories and the hours must total a minimum of 20 hours.
- The Appendix 1 - Definitions/Recording Requirements for Continuing Professional Education Activities will assist you with recording your CPE activities.
- Once you have entered a minimum of 20 hours of CPE activities, in two of the three categories, you will be given the RENEW REGISTRATION link on your member home page.
- The reporting of a minimum of 20 hours of CPE is mandatory for individuals who were practicing members (full time or part time) in 2020 as per the SASW Continuing Education Policy. You will not be able to complete the renewal process until the continuing education requirement has been met.
- If in 2020 you were non-practicing, a new member or reinstatement (over one year), you are EXEMPT from reporting continuing education for 2021 renewal year. Therefore, you will not get the Continuing Education Link and should proceed directly to Step 3 (ONLINE RENEWAL).
Members are asked to keep copies of their supporting documentation for continuing education activities (brochures, certificates, receipts, etc.) as you may be selected for a CPE audit by the SASW Registrar. You may be requested to submit documents to the SASW Office for verification.
Step 3 - Completing Online Renewal
Once you have entered your continuing education activities or if you are exempt from reporting CPE, the system will automatically give you the RENEW MEMBERSHIP link. This link is located under the ONLINE RENEWAL SUB-HEADING. Click on the RENEW MEMBERSHIP link to complete the renewal form. This will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. As you scroll through the personal information that has been entered into the system, please check for accuracy of the information. If any of your personal information needs to be edited/updated, click on the field that requires editing/updating and make the necessary change.
Once you have updated your member profile including your employment data, you will proceed to select your 2021 registration category and answer regulatory declaration questions. When you have completed all sections on the renewal form, the SECURE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT screen will appear. In order to complete the online renewal, you must make your payment at this time using Visa/MasterCard/Interact. Please note that not all debit/Interact cards are accepted.
If you require a change to your name or educational data, the following is required:
Last Name/First Name - The Registrar requires that you complete the Name Change Form which is located on your Member Home Page under the subheading ONLINE FORMS. Once you have completed this form, it is sent electronically to the SASW Office where a staff member will make this change.
Please note that the name you are registered under should be the same name that you use in practice.
Education Data - If you have obtained another degree and want this entered into the SASW online system, members are required to order a transcript indicating that the credential has been conferred. This transcript must be sent directly to the SASW Office from the academic institution where the credential was received. The SASW office will make the change to your educational data once the transcript has been received and place the transcript in your member file.
You cannot partially complete the online renewal within the RENEW MEMBERSHIP link and come back later to make additional changes to your information and/or pay the registration fee.
If your employer pays for your registration fee, you will need to pay first and then be reimbursed.
If you do not have a personal credit card, you can purchase loadable/prepaid ones from most Canada Post outlets, at drug stores and/or financial institutions.
You have access to your Member Home Page throughout the year and can update your personal information any time if there are changes. Please make sure that you keep your home address and email address current in the system so that the SASW office can communicate with you throughout the year.